Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun
These incredibly gooey pumpkin cinnamon rolls would make a delicious treat for Halloween. It?s the best breakfast indulgence ever.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls-video/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 20 minutes
Cook Time = 2 hour(s) 0 minutes
Total Time = 2 hour(s) 30 minutes
Category = Breakfast
Cuisine = American
Serves = 18 rolls
Nutrition Info = 125 calories
Serving Size = 1 roll
» For The Dough //
- Dry Yeast - 1 Package (7g)
- Warm Water - 1/4 Cup
- White Sugar - 1 Teaspoon
- Pumpkin Puree - 1/2 Cup
- Heavy Cream Or Full-Fat Milk - 1/4 Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Unsalted Melted Butter Or Vegetable Oil For Dough - 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 1/2 Teaspoons
- Ground Ginger - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Ground Pepper - 1/8 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Egg - 1 Large
- Granulated Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- Bread Flour Or All-Purpose Flour, Divided - 3 Cup + 2 Cup (And More If Needed)
» For The Filling //
- Melted Butter, Brushed On Rolled Dough - 6 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar - 1 Cup
- Granulated Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 tablespoons
» For The Glaze //
- Powdered Sugar Or Icing Sugar - 1 Cup
- Fresh Cream - 1/4 Cup Or As Needed
» Making Dough:
- Add yeast and 1 tsp sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- After that, add warm water and whisk well. Let it rise for 10 minutes.
- Mix well the yeast mixture, and add pumpkin puree, cream, ground cinnamon, ground pepper, ground ginger, vanilla, salt and mix well.
- Add 2 cups all-purpose flour and egg.
- Mix well until combined.
- Now add oil/butter and 1 cup flour. Mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups flour, sugar and mix well using a hand mixer or standing mixer with the dough hook attached for 5-7 minutes, or mix until it?s all incorporated and a very soft, slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Add oil to the dough and pull it together with your hands to form a ball.
- Place it in a large oiled bowl and cover with a kitchen towel, and place it in a warm spot to rise for about 1-2 hours or until the dough is double in size.
» Making Filling:
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon for the filling, set aside.
» For Rolls:
- When doubled in size, punch the dough down and roll it out onto a floured surface.
- Roll it into a 15×9? rectangle.
- Spread the melted butter over the top.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and spice mixture evenly.
- Starting from one of the long ends, tightly roll the dough into a log.
- Apply water to the edge to seal. Cut into 16 to 18 slices (make sure they are even).
- Slightly shape the rolls.
- Now place them cut side down in a well buttered baking pan. I didn?t have a large pan, so I arranged them 2 pans (if you have a large baking pan you can arrange them in one pan).
- Cover with plastic wrap and put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 1-1/2 hours.
» Baking Rolls:
- Preheat the oven at 300°F/150°C. When the dough is double in size unwrap the pan.
- Bake them for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool for few minutes.
» For Glaze:
- While the rolls cool for a few minutes make the glaze. Mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl.
- Whisk well until combined. You can simply adjust glaze by adding more powdered sugar or milk to achieve desired runny glaze consistency.
- Immediately pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.