Bread Pakora Recipe - Potato Stuffed Bread Pakora
Bread Pakora is a popular street food of North India. This spicy and crispy deep fried snack can be served as an appetizer, brunch, or tea-time snack.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 24 minutes
Total Time = 34 minutes
Category = Snacks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 5
Nutrition Info = 155 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Potato Stuffing //
- 2 cups potatoes, boiled, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green chili, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
» For Batter //
- 1 1/2 cups gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (optional)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Salt to taste
» For Pakora //
- 8 bread slices (white or whole grain)
- Oil for deep-frying
» How to Make Bread Pakora Potato Stuffing //
- Heat the oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add potatoes, green peas, turmeric powder, ginger, green chili, coriander powder, red chili powder, dried mango powder, salt, garam masala powder, and mix well. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Add onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and keep aside.
» How to Make Bread Pakora Batter //
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add gram flour, salt, soda, and turmeric powder and mix well. Add enough water to make a smooth batter, and whisk well to avoid any lumps.
» How to Make Bread Pakora //
- Take a bread slice and cut it diagonally into 2 equal pieces. Repeat the same with remaining.
- Place a slice of bread on a clean, dry, and flat surface and spread a portion of the potato stuffing evenly over it. Place another slice of bread over it, and press gently.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Dip one bread sandwich in the batter and deep-fry on medium heat till it turns crisp and golden brown in color from both sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Serve hot with your favorite chutney and tea/coffee.
- No notes for this recipe.