Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
This fresh and tropical Pineapple Coconut Smoothie is a tasty drink prepared with tropical fruit and no added refined sugar. Ideal as on-the-go breakfast.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/pineapple-coconut-smoothie/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 02 minutes
Cook Time = 03 minutes
Total Time = 05 minutes
Category = Breakfast
Cuisine = International
Serves = 2 large
Nutrition Info = 205 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Pineapple Coconut Smoothie //
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 1/4 cups frozen banana slices
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon sweetener, optional (honey, maple syrup or any other sweetener of your choice)
» How to Make Pineapple Coconut Smoothie //
- Add frozen pineapple chunks, frozen banana slices, coconut milk, shredded coconut, and ice cubes to a blender and process until smooth.
- Next, add the coconut water.
- Taste and add the sweetener, if needed. Blend again to combine.
- Pour smoothie into serving glasses.
- Garnish with pineapple, mint, or with coconut. Top with some pineapple chunks. Serve immediately or refrigerate it for up to 7-8 hours.
- You can also add some coconut yogurt to this smoothie. If you are not into a vegan diet then you can also add unsweetened vanilla yogurt to this smoothie.
- If making this smoothie for a weekend brunch, then feel free to add some of your favourite alcohol to it.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut enhances the coconut flavor of this smoothie. But if you are not into so much coconutty flavours then you can skip it.
- Coconut water provides a desired consistency and a mild coconut flavor to this smoothie. If you dont have coconut water then you can also use plain water.
- In this smoothie recipe, coconut water can also be replaced with the fresh pineapple juice.
- Ice gives a thick and creamy texture to this smoothie, but if you think it is too cold for you then skip the ice cubes.
- Frozen mangoes can also be added to this pineapple coconut smoothie.
- If you want to limit your sugar intake, then make sure to use unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, and unsweetened frozen pineapple chunks for this recipe.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut cream to this smoothie to make it creamier.
- Adding sweetener is completely optional.