Stuffed Aloo Pyaz Paratha - Pepper Onion Potato Flatbread
Aloo Pyaaz Partatha is a stuffed whole wheat Indian flatbread which has a tasty and spicy onion potato and pepper filling. Serve with raita or plain yogurt.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/pepper-onion-potato-paratha/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Breakfast
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 8
Nutrition Info = 196 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For The Dough:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- A pinch of salt
- Water for kneading dough
» For Aloo Pyaaj Filling:
- 2 tablespoons oil (tel)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds (sabut dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- A pinch of asafetida
- 1 cup bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 cup onion (pyaaj), chopped
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes (aloo), peeled, boiled, and halved
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur (dried mango) powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro/coriander (dhania)
- Salt to taste
» For Paratha:
- Some extra wheat flour for rolling
- Butter/ghee/oil for roasting
» Making Stuffed Aloo Pyaah Paratha Dough:
- Add wheat flour, salt, and enough water to make a soft dough to a mixing bowl.
- Knead well, cover with a wet muslin cloth or plastic wrap.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal-sized balls. Keep aside.
» Making Filling:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add coriander seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and asafetida.
- When the seeds start to crackle add onion and bell pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add boil potatoes, and roughly mix with the back of a spatula.
- Now add all the spices and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chickpea flour and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes or till the stuffing dries.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Divide the prepared stuffing into 8 equal-sized balls and keep aside.
» Making Stuffed Aloo Pyaah Paratha:
- Roll out one dough ball into a circle of 4 inch diameter.
- Apply a little oil, and place one mixture ball in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly. Press lightly to seal the edges well.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6 inch diameter with the help of some flour.
- Heat a pan. Roast rolled circles from both sides. Apply a little oil on both sides, and roast until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas. Serve hot with your favorite pickle and raita.
- I have used red, you can use any other color.