Rajasthani Sweet Oliya Recipe - Fruity Rice Yogurt Pudding
Rajasthani sweet oliya or fruity rice yogurt pudding is perfect cooling dessert. It is made during festivals of holi, and sheetla saptami or basoda.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/oliya-fruity-rice-yogurt-pudding/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4-6
Nutrition Info = 199 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Rajasthani Sweet Oliya
- plain boiled rice - 1 cup
- granulated sugar - 1 cup or to taste
- natural fat-free yogurt - 3 cup
- raisins - 4 tbsp
- almonds, chopped, 4 tbsp
- cashew nuts, chopped - 4 tbsp
- pistachio, chopped - 2 tbsp
- saffron strands - 8-10
- cardamom powder - 1 ½ tsp
- rose water - 1 tbsp
- any of your favorite fruits, chopped - 2 cups
» How to Make Rajasthani Sweet Oliya //
- Crush saffron strands, and add 1 tsp rose water to it. Mix well.
- Add rice and yogurt to a large mixing bowl..
- Also add chopped fruits, sugar, cardamom powder, raisins, almonds, pistachio, cashew nuts, and rose water to the rice-yogurt mixture.
- Mix well until combined, then and refrigerate covered for 1-2 hours.
- Divide oliya into serving dishes
- Then top chilled oliya with almonds, and pistachio and enjoy.
- No notes for this recipe.