Mughlai Navratan Korma - White Gravy Navratan Kurma
Mughlai Navratan Korma is a Royal Vegetarian Indian Curry. It hails from Mughlai cuisine. This restaurant style curry makes a wonderful side dish.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/mughlai-navratan-korma-white-gravy-navratan-kurma-recipe-video/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 270 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» Vegetables //
- 1/2 cup green peas, peeled
- 1/2 french beans
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
» For Onion and Nuts Paste //
- 6-7 almonds
- 6-7 cashews
- 10 raisins
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 inch ginger piece, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- For Making Curry //
- 1 + 1 1/2 tablespoon oil or ghee
- 10 almonds (badam)
- 10 cashews (kaju)
- 15-16 raisins (kishmish)
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (dalichini)
- 1 star anise (chakra fool)
- 2 cardamom (hari elaichi)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon white pepper powder, or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 small-sized green chili, slit
- 5-6 saffron strands soaked in 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 1/2 tablespoon kewra water or rose water (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh milk cream or cashew cream
- 1/2 cup paneer, cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- Nuts and cilantro for garnish
» Roast nuts //
- Heat 1 tbsp oil/ghee in a pan.
- Once hot, add 10 almonds, 10 cashews, and raisins to the pan. Saute them for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat or till they are light golden in color.
- Transfer roasted nuts into a bowl and keep them aside.
» Make onion nut paste //
- Boil 1 cup water in a saucepan.
- Add onions and let them boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add poppy seeds, cashews, and almonds.
- Let them boil for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Remove the skin from the almonds.
- Blend along with the water to make a smooth paste. (You can discard some water if you think it is too much.). Keep it aside.
» Steaming the Veggies //
- Add water to a pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. Scatter the vegetables over the steamer basket.
- Cover with a lid, and steam over medium heat until tender.
- Once done, check the doneness of the vegetables, and set them aside for now.
» How to Make Navratan Korma Curry //
- Heat 2 tbsp oil/ghee to the same pan.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, and cardamom. Saute for 30 seconds or till they become aromatic.
- Add onion paste to this and stir well. Let it cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add green chilies.
- Mix yogurt and sugar and add to the pan.
- Stir well and let it cook for 2 mins.
- Add saffron soaked milk, salt, white pepper powder, and stir well.
- Let it cook on medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add steamed veggies, paneer, cubes, pineapple chunks, and stir well. Add some water if needed.
- Let them cook for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt, garam masala powder, fresh cream, roasted nuts, and mix well.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer hot cutrry to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, nuts, and serve hot with naan or paratha.
- No notes for this recipe.