Mohabbat Ka Sharbat - Watermelon Rose Drink
Mohabbat Ka Sharbat is a super refreshing, luscious, and delicious drink popular in the Indian city of old Delhi. It is made with 5 ingredients.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/mohabbat-ka-sharbat/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Drinks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 104 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
- 3 cups (750 ml) full cream chilled milk, or any other milk of your choice
- Half watermelon (about 1.5 kg)
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 cup rose syrup
- Handful of fresh red rose petals, edible (to garnish)
- 2 cups ice cubes, or as required
» For serving:
- Watermelon slices and fresh rose petals (optional)
» How to Make Mohabbat Ka Sharbat
- Peel and chop half watermelon into small chunks.
- Transfer 1 cup watermelon chunks to a bowl, and discard seeds. Keep it aside.
- Add rest of the watermelon chunks to a blender along with 1/4 cup sugar. Blend well to make the watermelon juice.
- To a large mixing bowl, pour 3 cups of chilled milk. After that, strain about 2 cups watermelon juice into the same bowl.
- Then add 1/4 cup of rose syrup and stir everything to combine.
- Now add 1 cup of chopped watermelon chunks to the same bowl and mix. Lastly add ice cubes, rose petals, and stir well.
- Pour Mohabbat Ka Sharbat into serving glasses. Garnish each glass with watermelon slice and rose petals.
- Stir and enjoy immediately.
- The amount of sweetener depends on one's taste and the sweetness of the watermelon. So feel free to increase or decrease the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- You can also adjust the amount of rose syrup as per your taste.
- Always cut watermelon in small chunks when making this drink. Big watermelon pieces won't taste good in this recipe.
- To make this drink taste more decadent, you can also add chopped nuts of your choice.