Instant Mango Shrikhand - Mango Greek Yogurt Dessert
Learn to make Instant Mango Shrikhand with a video tutorial. Mango shrikhand is an Indian creamy, rich tropical flavorsome yogurt based dessert.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 8 hour(s) 0 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 8 hour(s) 10 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4-6
Nutrition Info = 140 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Mango Shrikhand:
- full-fat greek yogurt 500 g, (or 1 kg natural full fat yogurt)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 8-10 saffron strands soaked in 1 tablespoon warm milk
- 1 cup mango puree
- 4-5 tablespoons pounded pistachio for garnishing
- 3-4 tablespoon mango chunks, for garnishing
» Making Mango Shrikhand:
- Put a strainer over a large bowl.
- Take a muslin cloth and spread it on a strainer.
- Pour yogurt into the cloth and bring edges of cloth together and put some weight on top.
- Refrigerate for overnight, this will remove excess whey. Hung yogurt (curd) is ready.
- Transfer hung yogurt to a large mixing bowl.
- Add mango puree, cardamom powder, sugar, and saffron strands soaked in 1 tablespoon warm milk.
- Whisk well until sugar is dissolved and yogurt becomes creamy.
- Pour it into a piping bag and pipe into a serving glass or bowl, or simply pour it into a serving dish.
- Garnish with pounded pistachios and mango chunks.
- Chill mango shrikhand for 30 minutes to 2 hours before serving.
- I have used homemade mango puree using fresh mangoes, but you can also use canned mangoes or mango pulp.
- You can increase or reduce the amount of sugar according to the native sweetness of mangoes or according to your taste buds.