Prep Time = 05 minutes
Cook Time = 05 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 65 calories
Serving Size = 1
» Ingredients to make Kiwi Raita:
- 1 cup chilled plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chilled milk or water
- Black/regular salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of chili flakes, (optional)
- 1 cup kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 teaspoon honey/sugar to taste (optional)
» Ingredients for serving:
- Sliced or chopped kiwis
- Chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Pinch of red chili flakes
» How to Make Kiwi Raita:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt and milk until the yogurt is smooth.
- Next, add salt, black pepper, roasted cumin powder, chopped coriander leaves, chili flakes, and whisk until well combined. Add sweetener (if using) and mix again.
- After that, fold in the diced kiwis until combined. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
- To serve, transfer raita to serving dish.
- Top with kiwis, cilantro mint leaves, and sprinkle with some chili flakes.
- Serve it as a side with biryani or roti, sabji, dal and chawal. Or serve as a dip for your snacks.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of seasoning.
- If you want spicier raita, then you can also add freshly chopped green chilies to it.
- Black salt adds a nice flavor to this raita, but if you don?t have black salt, then you can also use pink or regular salt.
- Chaat masala powder can also be added to this raita.
- Use chilled kiwis, chilled yogurt, and chilled milk for making this raita.
- I have added some red chili flakes to this raita, but you can completely omit this if this is too hot for your taste buds.
- Adding some sweetener heightens the flavor of this mildly sweet, tangy, and spicy raita. If you are not so fond of sweet raitas, then you can omit the sweetener part.
- For an intense herby flavor, blend the yogurt with herbs like mint and coriander. For blending yogurt you can either use a hand blender or a food processor.
- I used chopped coriander leaves in this raita, but you can also use the mint leaves or the combination of both the herbs.
- To make a vegan version of kiwi raita, swap plain yogurt with coconut yogurt, and milk with coconut water or coconut milk.
- Ripe kiwis add a subtle sweetness to this raita, you make sure to use the ripe kiwis for this recipe.
- I have diced kiwis, but you can also finely chop them.
- Raita only tastes great when they are served chilled. That means make sure to keep raita in the refrigerator all the time, and don?t leave it to rest at the kitchen counter.
- Make certain to add the roasted cumin powder for that extra nutty flavor. If you don't have roasted cumin powder at home, then you can simply make your own powder. If you want to know how to make roasted cumin powder, then here?s the recipe of roasted cumin powder.