Kaju Katli Recipe - Kaju Burfi - How to Make Kaju Katli
Kaju Katli is one of the most popular and delicious Indian sweets recipes. Learn to make traditional kaju katli with step by step video instructions.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/kaju-katli-kaju-burfi-how-to-make-kaju-katli-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 15 minutes
Total Time = 20 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 20-22
Nutrition Info = 57 calories
Serving Size = 1 piece
» For Kaju Katli:
- 1 1/2 cups cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoon ghee for greasing
- Edible silver leaf, German paper or vark for decoration (optional)
» How to make Kaju Katli:
- Add cashews to a blender jar.
- Powder the cashews in a grinder until its fine powder. (Do not over grind the cashews as they turn oily)
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add water and sugar to it.
- Stir well and let it boil until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Boil it for one more minute. (You just need a thin syrup)
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add cashew powder and stir well.
- Keep stirring continuously until it forms in the dough.
- Grease a plate with ghee and transfer the dough to it. At this stage, you can add 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- Mix well with the help of a spoon. And let cook until you can handle the heat.
- Now grease your hands with ghee and knead the mixture well for a minute.
- Spread a parchment paper on a working surface and place the dough on it.
- Flatten the dough with palms and roll it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Decorate rolled sheet with edible silver leaf.
- Cut into diamond shape using a sharp knife.
- Kaju katli is ready to serve.
- Store Kaju Katli in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
- For a smooth finnish, you can also strain the powdered cashew.
- If you want richer taste of kajukalti, then you can add add 1 tablespoon milk powder along with powdered cashews.