Jaipuri Pyaaz Ki Kachori Recipe - Onion Filled Spicy Snack
These crisp, flaky, deep-fried Kachoris stuffed with onion filling are so tasty. Learn to make Jaipuri Pyaaz Ki Kachori recipe with step by step photos.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/jaipuri-pyaaz-ki-kachori-onion-filled-spicy-snack/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Snacks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 12
Nutrition Info = 186 calories
Serving Size = 1 kachori
» For Kachori Dough:
- 3 cups plain flour (maida)
- 6 tablespoons oil / ghee, i used vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
» For Onion Stuffing:
- 4 large sized red onions, chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled & peeled
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafetida
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 teaspoons dried mango powder (amchoor)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely, crushed
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
» For Frying:
- Oil to deep fry
» Make The Kachori Dough:
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Knead well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
» Make The Onion Filling:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a broad pan. Add asafetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and crushed coriander seeds.
- Sauté for half a minute. Add chopped red onions, salt and continue to sauté.
- When onions are lightly browned, add garlic, ginger, green chilies, and red chili powder, and dried mango powder.
- Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add boiled potatoes, gram flour, sugar, and garam masala powder.
- Mix well, and try to mash potatoes with the help of a ladle.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 chopped white onion, and mix well. Let it cool.
» Make Pyaaz Ki Kachori:
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 21/2 diameter circle.
- Place 2-3 tbsp of the onion filling in the center.
- Press gently and pat with hands to flatten the kachori a bit, keeping the sides thin.
- Prick the kachoris 1-2 times with a fork. This is optional but recommended.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and deep-fry the kachoris till golden.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve hot with mint coriander chutney, or tamarind chutney and tea.
- Pyaaz ki kachoris are never puffed up like dal ki kachoris. And pricking kachoris a couple of times would stop them from puffing up too much.
- Adding raw chopped onions to the mixture is optional. Raw onions add a nice crunch and flavour to the kachori stuffing. So I would highly suggest adding them.