How to Make Masala Chaas - Spiced Buttermilk
This revitalizing summer drink Masala Chaas or Spiced Buttermilk is made with chilled yogurt and fresh herbs such as cilantro or mint.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/how-to-make-masala-chaas-spiced-buttermilk-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 hour(s) 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Drinks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 35 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Masala Chaas //
- 1 1/2 cups natural yogurt
- 2 cups chilled water (you can adjust the amount of water according to your preference)
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 small green chilies
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan black salt
- 1 tablespoons roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
» For Serving //
- Mint leaves
- Cumin powder and ground black pepper
- Ice cubes as required
» How to Make Masala Chaas //
- Puree together mint leaves, green chilies, ginger, coriander leaves, and 1/4 cup chilled water.
- Now in a jar, blend together the pureed herbs, salt, black salt, cumin powder, ground black pepper, chilled water until frothy.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glasses, and pour chaas into the glasses.
- Garnish with black pepper, cumin powder, and mint leaves and serve chilled.
- No notes for this recipe.