How to Make Sweetened Condensed Milk
This Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe makes a delightful, creamy and smooth condensed milk- just the same which you get ready-made from the store.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/homemade-sweetened-condensed-milk-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = How To
Cuisine = World
Serves = 1 cup
Nutrition Info = 6 calories
Serving Size = 1 tablespoon
» For Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Full Fat Milk - 500ml
- Sugar - 3/4 Cup (150g) or as per taste
- Pinch of Baking Soda
» How to Make Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Add the milk and sugar into a heavy bottomed pan.
- Heat it on a medium-low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Keep stirring regularly. Once the sugar has dissolved, gently simmer it for about 20-25 minutes, or until the milk has reduced by half and thickened.
- At this stage, milk should be darkened to an almost pale yellow in color.(You may notice some foam forming on top. Gently remove it with a spatula.)
- Turn off the heat and add the baking soda.
- At this stage, the milk will froth up and texture will be very bubbly. This is what we need.
- Stir well and let the condensed milk cool completely.
- Once cooled, store in a clean jar in the fridge and it will last for months.
- You can refrigerate it for up to a week and it can last in the freezer for up to 2 months.