Greek Style Chickpea Salad Recipe
This Greek Style Chickpea Feta Salad With Lemon Garlic Dressing makes an excellent for a light meal, particularly on a warm/hot summer day.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/greek-style-chickpea-feta-salad-with-lemon-garlic-dressing/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Greek
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 305 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Greek Style Chickpea Salad //
- Cucumber, sliced - 1 large
- Chickpeas, cooked or canned - 1/2 cup
- Tomato sliced - 2 medium
- Green Leaf Lettuce, chopped into medium chunks or pieces - 1 head
- Red onion, sliced and soaked in ice water for 15 minutes and drained - 1 large
- Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped - ¼ cup
- Low-fat Feta Cheese - 100 grams
- Whole Kalamata Olives - 1/4 cup (I used black)
» For Dressing //
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Minced Garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste (I did not add any)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice - 3 tablespoons
- Dry oregano - 2 teaspoon
» How to Greek Style Chickpea Feta Salad:
- Add lettuce, chickpeas, cucumber, onion, tomato, olives into a large bowl.
- Toss well and set aside.
» How to make Lemon Garlic Dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Give it a good mix. Adjust the salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Just before serving the salad, drizzle the dressing over fresh vegetables.
- Also, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and toss one more time.
- Serve Chickpea Feta Salad on a plate and sprinkle with more feta cheese. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.