Effortless Summer Side Dishes - Marinated Cucumbers
With summer approaching, this is a great time of year for family gatherings and cookouts. If it?s hard to decide what to cook, then try these side dishes.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/effortless-summer-side-dishes-marinated-cucumbers/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 1 hour(s)
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 1 hour(s) 10 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Asian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 21 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» List of Ingredients
- Following are all the ingredients
» Ingredients //
- 2 whole cucumbers
- 1 sprig of dill
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp oil
» Instructions //
- This dish can be prepared the night before or an hour before, depending on how much time you have. All in all, the actual preparation takes about ten minutes.
- Begin by washing the cucumbers and slicing them thinly, or using a mandolin. Leave the skin on! It?s where all the nutrients are, and it won?t take away from the appeal. Place the cucumber in a shallow dish.
- In a measuring cup, combine the vinegar, water, and oil. Chop dill up or break by hand for larger pieces, and mix in with the liquid ingredients.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt and pepper. Pour the vinegar mixture evenly over the slices, using a fork to make sure every slice is distributed evenly and in contact with the liquid.
- Roll the lime against a hard surface to release the juices, cut in half, and squeeze over the dish. Cover the cucumbers with a lid or cling wrap and refrigerate, either overnight or for at least an hour. This dish can be served chilled or at room temp.
- No notes for this recipe.