Cream Cheese White Chocolate Truffles
These incredibly easy and delicious cream cheese white chocolate truffles are a blissful tranquillity of smooth, creamy, rich, and decadent mix.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/cream-cheese-white-chocolate-truffles/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 50 minutes
Total Time = 60 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = French
Serves = 14
Nutrition Info = 69 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Cream Cheese White Chocolate Truffles:
- 200 grams couverture white chocolate
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Few drops of lemon extract (optional)
- 14 salted roasted pistachios, shelled (number of pistachios depends on the number of truffles you are making)
- 3-4 tablespoons melted semi-sweet or white chocolate for drizzle (optional)
» For Toppings:
- 3 tablespoons salted roasted pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 200 grams white chocolate (regular)
» For Making Cream Cheese White Chocolate Truffles:
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until you get a smooth consistency.
- Now, add lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract. Mix until well combined. Keep it aside.
- Now chop 200 grams couverture white chocolate.
- Add chopped white chocolate to a large bowl, and melt it in a double boiler (bain-marie) or the microwave.
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the pot. Set it aside and let it cool until it is at room temperature. It should still be liquid at this point.
- Now add whisked cream cheese mixture to the bowl and mix until well well-combined.
- Cover the bowl with cling the wrap, and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is firm enough to scoop. It should be firm but not rock-hard.
- Line a freezer-safe plate with cling wrap or parchment paper.
- Using a candy or small ice cream scoop, portion out mixture into a 1-inch small ball, and flatten it.
- Place 1 pistachio to the center.
- Now bring the sides above the nut to close it and roll it into a ball. Similarly, make all the truffles.
- Place all the truffles to the prepared plate and freeze them for 15 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, add 200 grams of chopped white chocolate and chopped pistachios. Mix well and set aside.
- After that, roll the ball into chocolate pistachio mix by pressing the mixture gently into the truffle.
- Place them onto parchment paper and refrigerate truffles for 10 minutes.
- Now drizzle truffles with melted chocolate and refrigerate for 10 more minutes.
- Serve chilled. Store cream cheese white chocolate truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- The number of truffles you get from this cream cheese white chocolate recipe will depend on how big or small your truffles are. I've made 14 truffles with this recipe.
- If you are planning for gifting this cream cheese white chocolate, then you can easily double or triple it to make a bigger batch of homemade truffles.
- To make cream cheese oreo truffles, you can add 1/4 cup of crushed Oreos to the cream cheese mix.
- The heat of your hands might make rolling truffles a bit difficult. To prevent the heat of your hands from melting the truffles, you can wear kitchen gloves before rolling truffles.
- Make sure to chill the mixture in the freezer until it becomes firm or else it will be very difficult to roll into balls.
- For even-sized scooping, use a small ice cream scoop. This way you'll get similar sized truffles.