Beetroot Pachadi Kerala Style - Beetroot Chutney
Kerala Style Beetroot pachadi is a vibrant dish, and is made on the occasion of Onam Sadya. It?s a vegetarian Kerala meal which served on a banana leaf.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/beetroot-pachadi-kerala-style/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 2 cups
Nutrition Info = 198 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Beetroot Pachadi (Chutney)
- 1 1/2 cups beetroot (beetroot), peeled & boiled with a pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt (dahi)
- sSlt as per taste
- 1/4 cup grated coconut (kisa hua nariyal)
- 2 small-sized green chilies (hari mirch), chopped
- 1/2 inch piece ginger (adrak)
- 1 teaspoon split chickpeas (chana dal)
- 1 teaspoon split black gram (urad dal)
» For Tadka (Tempering)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 small-sized green or red chilies
» Making Beetroot Pachadi (Chutney):
- Heat a pan, and dry roast black gram, and split chickpeas.
- Remove it from heat and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add beetroot, coconut, roasted split chickpea, split black gram, green chili, ginger, salt to a grinder.
- Blend it to make a smooth paste.
- Add yogurt, and mix well. Keep it aside.
» Making Tadka (Tempering):
- Heat a tsp of oil, add the mustard seeds.
- When they start to splutter, add red/green chilies, and saute for a few seconds.
- Remove from heat, and pour this tempering over the beetroot pachadi.
- Enjoy this delicious Beetroot Pachadi as a side dish for fried rice.
- No notes for this recipe.