Banana Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Video Recipe
This stunningly delicious and easy to make Banana Pineapple Upside Down Cake makes a great dessert, tea time snack, brunch or even breakfast.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 1 hour(s) 15 minutes
Cook Time = 1 hour(s) 0 minutes
Total Time = 1 hour(s) 15 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = World
Serves = 8
Nutrition Info = 365 calories
Serving Size = 1 slice
» For Batter //
- 1/4 cup unslated butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large-sized bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup pineapple cubed (i have used canned)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster or icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
» For Topping //
- Whipped cream
- Ground nuts
- Glazed cherries
- Pineapple and banana
» How to Bake Banana Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F. Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add brown sugar and cook over high heat, stirring continuously.
- Bring it to a boil and cook for a minute.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13×7?inch cake tin.
- Arrange the banana slices, and pineapple overlapping slightly, onto the caramel. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, caster sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat using an electric mixer for 7-8 minutes or until the mixture has tripled in volume.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and flour over the egg mixture and fold to combine.
- Fold through the oil.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 55-60 mins, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow it to stand for 5-10 minutes before turning onto a platter to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, pineapple cubes, banana slices, glazed cherries, and some nuts. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.