Apple Hand Pies
These apple hand pies are pretty easy and simple to make. They are buttery, flaky, crisp on the outside and luscious and sweet inside.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/apple-hand-pies-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 7 minutes
Cook Time = 35 minutes
Total Time = 42 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = World
Serves = 8-10 pies
Nutrition Info = 182 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Apple Pie Filling //
- Apples, apples, peeled and diced - 3
- Lemon juice - 1-1/4 tsp
- Water - 1-1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - ½ cup
- Brown sugar - ¼ cup
- Cornstarch - 2 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon - ½ tsp
- Salt - ? teaspoon
» For Hand pies //
- Apple pie filling
- Frozen puff pastry thawed and lightly kneaded - 4 sheets
» For serving //
- Sliced almonds
- Apple pie filling or vanilla ice-cream(Optional)
» Making Apple pie filling //
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add apples to the boiling water and boil for a minute.
- After 1 minute, add cornstarch mixture to the pan.
- Stir well, and boil for 2 minutes, whisk constantly.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until apples are tender, it would take about 6-8 minutes. Once done, remove from heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
» Assembling //
- Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F. Roll the dough until it is about ?-inch thick on a floured work surface.
- Use a 5 inch round cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Add one heaping tbsp of apple pie filling (without liquid) to the center of each dough circle.
- Fold the dough in half and use a fork to seal the edges.
- Use the tip of a sharp knife to cut few diagonal slits into the tops of each pie.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush the tops of the hand pies with the melted butter.
- Place hand pies on lined baking tray.
- Bake the pastry pies for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- Once baked, remove from the oven. Brush apple hand pies with more butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- Enjoy with some milk or hot coffee.
- No notes for this recipe.