Aamras Recipe - Sweet Mango Puree
Aamras is a traditional sweet made by pureeing mangoes with sugar, and a little milk/water. This sweet is served with hot puri (deep-fried Indian flatbread).
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/aamras-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 3 minutes
Total Time = 13 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 59 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Aamras //
- 2 large ripe mango (kesar, alphonso or any other mangoes you like)
- 3 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- 250 ml chilled milk or water, (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (you can also replace it with ginger powder or saffron strands)
» For Serving //
- Pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Saffron strands (kesar ki pattiyan)
» Instructions //
- Rinse and pat dry the mangoes. Peel them and cut away the mango's flesh into small pieces. Discard the seeds. Then transfer chopped mangoes to a mixer grinder or the blender jar of a blender.
- Also, add sugar to the same jar.
- Now, blend to make a smooth puree.
- Once blended, add chilled milk/water, and cardamom powder.
- Blend again for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer aamras to a serving bowl. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and saffron strands.
- Serve it chilled with potato bhaji and poori or simply with ghee smeared chapati.
- If you are looking for a variation, then you can add a few saffron strands along with cardamom powder to add a bit more zing to Aam Ras. It tastes great.
- 2. I like the rich taste of ?Aamras? when milk is added to it. Thus, I have added chilled milk to this recipe, but if you want your ?Aamras? thicker then you can skip the milk part.