5 Ingredient Pumpkin Fritters - Pumpkin Gulgule
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Fritters | Pumpkin Gulgule | Kaddu Ke Meethe Pakode. Gulgula is an Indian version of mini donuts. They are super spongy and crispy.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/5-ingredient-pumpkin-fritters-pumpkin-gulgula/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 25 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 105 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Pumpkin Fritters:
- 2 cups wheat-flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar, or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Oil/ghee for deep frying
» Making 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Fritters:
- Take a mixing bowl, and combine all the ingredients (except the oil ).
- Add 1/4 cup add water slowly, and whisk well to make a thick consistency batter.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons more water, if needed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes (you can also keep this batter for a longer period (1-2 hours) to get the better result.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- To check if the oil is hot enough to fry, add one drop of batter to the oil. If the batter comes up then the oil is ready to fry.
- Slowly drop 1 tablespoon of batter at a time over medium heat. Drop 6-7 fritters at a time.
- Fry the balls until they turn golden brown from all sides.
- Remove the gulgulas and place over a paper towel, so the excess oil is absorbed.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top, and serve hot with a glass of golden milk, tea, or a savory snack.
- You can also add shredded coconut for nutty and rich texture.
- To make them more flavorful you can also 1 teaspoon of all-spice.