Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
What are Oat Almond cookies?
Oat almond cookies is a vegetarian dish full of flavors. These are very easy to bake, and have crumbly texture. These cookies have a crispy outer layer and a very soft inside, and they just melt in your mouth.
Why are these cookies so special?
Adding coconut to these cookies make them special & desirable. Cookies are everyone’s favorite, and when they come along with oats and almonds, they are simply priceless.
Let’s learn to make Oat Almond Cookies in 8 quick and easy steps.
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats, washed and soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup vegetable margarine
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp of sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Line baking sheet with baking paper.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add margarine, brown sugar, almond extract, and cream them well.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and mix well.
- Drain water form oats, and add them to the flour with chopped almonds. Mix well to make a dough.
- Take the cookie dough, and roll into walnut sized balls. This would make 8-10 balls. Spread sprinkles on the top of cookies.
- Place all the cookies on baking tray. And bake for 12 minutes. At this time cookies are just setting, so they will be really doughy and delicious.
- If you like them more crisp, cook for 3 more minutes, or until just they turn light brown in color.
- Remove the cookies from the sheet, and let them cool for 5 minutes on the wire cooling rack.
- Enjoy these delicious warm cookies with a glass of milk, coffee, or tea.
Happy Cooking 🙂
Liked this post, then you will like this too.