Water is a fundamental necessity for life. An adult is approximately 60% water; you need to keep these water levels topped up throughout the day!
Unfortunately, not all water is created equal. Depending on where you live you may have chemicals in it, sediment or even be dealing with hard water. This is why it is important to speak to Filtap today and choose the right filter for your needs.
If you have any doubts consider the following facts regarding cooking with unfiltered tap water:
Your tap water comes to you from the treatment works. When it is treated sediment is removed and all potentially harmful bacteria. This is a good thing!
However, the process of removing these items involves adding chemicals to the water. Chlorine is the most popular one as it can kill almost any bacteria. Other chemicals like fluoride are added to health keep your teeth and bones healthy.
But, chlorine consumption has been linked with these issues:
Chlorine gas can actually cause you to choke as your airways start to close. The chlorine in your water may not have such an extreme effect but it can cause chest pains and respiratory distress.
If you’ve ever spent a long time in the swimming pool then you’re probably familiar with the red eyes you get when you get out.
Your eyes will be irritable and sore; the same consequence can happen when you use water with chlorine for cooking. Even when you take a shower, chlorinated water can dry out your skin and make it all itchy.
Even water treated with chlorine is not automatically safe. Bacteria such as E-coli and coliform can survive in chlorinated water; even when you use it for cooking.
If you consume this then you’ll quickly develop flu-like symptoms and could end up seriously ill.
You may not realize until you use a water filter but the chlorine and other chemicals in your water actually affect the taste.
Considering you use the water for cooking and making hot drinks you might be amazed at the difference in the taste of your food when you use filtered water.
Related: Importance Of Pure Water
New research shows that adding normal table salt to chlorinated water results in the development of an acid called hypoiodous acid.
By itself this is harmless but it can react with other food to create something that is referred to as Iodinated Disinfectant Byproducts (I-DBPs). These are new to scientists but have already been shown to affect your health in a negative way.
Removing the salt from your cooking helps but it may be present in your food already. This is why you need to look at investing in a filtration system; you need to keep yourself and your family safe.
Many of the chemicals that are added to tap water are not destroyed by the cooking process. Instead, they leach into your food.
Unfortunately, there are more than 2,000 chemicals used by water treatment centers which have been shown to increase your risk of cancer.
Perhaps it’s time you considered cooking with filtered water.
Image Source: Unsplash.com