3 Types of Soups You Can Make with This Wonderful Grinder
Offering plenty of health benefits, soup is a quick hot meal that savours your taste buds and makes you healthy from inside. Having a bowl of soup every day would keep you fit, healthy and active throughout the day. The more the veggies in the soup, the more nutrients you are giving to your body. However, the idea of drinking juice every day is good and sounds easy, the only challenge here is the preparation. The complicated process of soup making can take hours and can leave one exhausted.
The solution is simple, bring home a Kent Grinder and put an end to the long and tiring soup making process. How? Here we have listed three types of soups that you can easily prepare with your Kent turbo grinder and blender. Take a look!
Instant Palak (Spinach) Soup
• Bunch of fresh spinach
• Cream (1/2 cup)
• Small Onion (1)
• Tomatoes (3)
• Butter (2 Tablespoon)
• Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
• Finely chop the spinach leaves after washing or cleaning with a vegetable purifier (recommended).
• Finely chop tomato and onions.
• Heat a vessel, add chopped onions and butter. Sauté till the onions turn soft.
• Add 3 cups of water, tomato, and spinach to the vessel and keep it to boil for 15 minutes.
• Connect the grinder to power and pour the mixture in a jar to make a puree.
• Strain the puree from the jar, add water and boil it for 10 minutes.
• Add salt and pepper according to the taste and add cream + breadcrumbs while serving hot.
• Cumin seed (1 tablespoon)
• Whole mustard (1 tablespoon)
• Whole coriander seed (1 tablespoon)
• Red pepper flake (1/2 tablespoon) – Optional
• Lentils (1 cup)
• Turmeric (1 tablespoon)
• Cooking oil (2-3 tablespoon)
• Diced onion (optional)
• Water (4 cups)
• Black pepper and salt to taste
• Connect your Kent grinder to power and grind the cumin seeds, red pepper flakes, coriander seeds and mustard seeds. Keep it aside.
• Wash the lentils well to remove stones and other impurities and grind well in the grinder. Grinding would speed up the cooking time.
• In a medium saucepan, heat cooking oil on high flame.
• Turn the flame to medium and add the freshly ground mixture obtained in the first step to the pan with turmeric. Roast them for about a minute.
• Add the ground lentils and onions (if using) and roast well for 2 minutes.
• Turn down the flame to low, add water and let it simmer for 35-40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
• Add water occasionally for the required texture.
• Put the sauce pan down from the flame, add black pepper and salt to taste and serve hot with pita bread or toasted bread.
Classic Chicken Soup
• Chicken (1.5 kg)
• Peeled carrots (6)
• Celery Stalks (4)
• Yellow Onion (1)
• Kosher Salt (2 ½ Tablespoon)
• Whole Black Peppercorns (1 Teaspoon)
• Cook the chicken in a large pot for about 30 minutes. Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
• Use another pot to add cut vegetables with salt and peppercorns and bring it to boil. Remove any foam that rises to the water surface.
• Thinly slice the chicken and give it a quick grind (not more than 5 seconds) to make it shredded enough for the soup.
• Strain the broth from the vegetables in a separate pot and put it on the stove. Add sliced pieces of carrots and celery and cook for about 10 minutes.
• Add the shredded chicken to the soup and serve it hot with cream or any other kind of garnishing you want.
With Kent grinder always at your disposal, you can try making other types of soups as well. Experimenting is the key to successful cooking. So, make sure you get the most out of the appliance to treat your family with healthy and delicious soups and dishes.